Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week 16 - July 17/18 - Flower Gardens

I spent all my gardening time in the vegetable garden this weekend because it was in much worse shape than the flower gardens.  They do need a weeding, but they are doing quite well.  Lots of day lilies and other lilies blooming, lots of cone flowers and hostas.  There are a few things that I need to move and I need to make some notes of things that need to be downsized in the spring.  The hostas in the corners of the back garden are both far too big for the space that they are in.  The hardy geranium that is in the back garden has got to come out.  The white phlox in the side garden has gotten huge and there are a whole bunch of little baby ones that have got to go, but I am going to see my mom in a couple weeks, so I want to check and see if she wants any of it before I murder all the babies!  The burgundy galardia that I got for my birthday is a lot taller than I expected, so it needs to be moved.

I am hoping that I can get some time in the gardens in the evenings this week to get some of these things moved.  I prefer to move plants in the evenings when it is a little cooler, but we'll see what the weather is like and what kind of mood my little man is in!

Back Garden

Back Garden

Side Garden

Side Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment