Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First Harvest . . .

Despite an insane heat wave (temperatures around 35 celsius with humidex temperatures around 45 celsius) the garden is doing well this week.  In the heat of the day, plants, even the weeds are looking a little droopy, but when it cools down in the evening, things look better.  The tomatoes, potatoes and zucchini are all blooming nicely.  The cucumbers have buds.  And I was able to pick my first little bit of Swiss Chard and Kale tonight.  Not the most exciting first harvest, as I planted it just for the bunnies, but it still gives a feeling of accomplishment.  And the bunnies were thrilled!

Swiss Chard
Kale


Yummy . . . It's been a long time since I've had anything this fresh!

Nom nom nom . . . Kale . . . drool . . . is my favorite . . . especially when it is this fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment