Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Favorite Favorite!

So, as I am sure you have figured out (and I probably have told you a few dozen times) that lilies are my favorite flowers.  That's why I have six different day lilies, a multitude of other lilies and it is never enough.  I would LOVE to have a lily garden, except that they only bloom for a short time, so I am considering an Iris and Lily garden.  I just have to find a place and the convince my husband that I really do NEED another garden!

However, the point of this post it to share with you my favorite of my favorites, which is the Star Gazer Lily.  It is an Oriental Lily and I have been in love with them for as long as I can remember.  Not only are they gorgeous flowers, but they have a wonderful aroma.  I have a bunch of them planted in the back garden, near the back deck so that when they are in bloom I can smell (or see) them every time I go in or out of the house.

Although I can't share the scent with you, here are some photos of my star gazer lilies.











No comments:

Post a Comment