Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 15 - July 10/11 - Vegetable Garden


The vegetable garden did surprisingly well during last weeks heat wave!  I went out and checked it faithfully every night, prepared to water it if needed, but I didn't need to.  During the real heat of the day some things, like the lettuce were looking a little wilted, but overall, every thing did very well, including the weeds!  Because we were camping last weekend, it had been two weeks since I'd done any weeding.  I didn't get as much done this week as I would have liked, but I did get some done.  And I was happy to see some little zucchini, cherry tomatoes and blossoms on the cucumber plants!  The leaf lettuce is ready to start using.  And the beets are starting to look like beets under ground!  So far it is looking like a good garden year!






Potato Flowers

Baby Zucchini


I accidentally pulled a couple beets as I was weeding . . . I was pleased to see how well they are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment