Monday, July 12, 2010

Asiatic Lilies

So, if you haven't already guessed it, I am obsessed with Lilies!  Day lilies, asiatic lilies, oriental lilies, tiger lilies, red, pink, yellow, orange, white, I just love lilies!  Star gazers are my absolute favorite, but seriously, I can't get enough lilies!

These are some new asiatic lilies that I got from Vesey's this spring.  They were a freebie as part of a fundraiser, so I was expecting just plain, basic colours, which, given my love for ALL lilies would have been fine.

My first surprise was the number of buds on the plants.  How often do you see a lily with 5-8 buds in it's first year?  Pretty much never!  But take a look . . . 




Then they opened . . . and all I can really say is WOW!!!  They are gorgeous!  I just can't stop looking at them and taking pictures of them.

Here are some of the first blooms . . . 



And by the weekend they were even more impressive with more blossoms open . . . so far I have two yellow ones and one red one.  I have three or four more that still need to open . . . I wonder if there are other colours . . . I can't wait!!





No comments:

Post a Comment