Monday, July 5, 2010

Week 14 July 3/4

It has been three months since I started my 2010 gardening adventure!  And although it is the same every year, it amazes me how much can come from what looks like nothing.  There is still lots of pretties to come before the end of the gardening year, I thought I would be neat to look at some pics from the beginning of April and from this past week together.

I spent a couple hours on Thursday (Canada Day Holiday) weeding the flower gardens.  There wasn't a lot, but it needed to be tidied up and there were things that needed to be cut back before the took over the world!  I am slowly learning to cut back/pull out things that are getting too big and over grown.  It is still hard for me to kill my flowers, but I am starting to understand that with some things, it is very necessary unless you really do want them to take over!  There are a couple of things that I am seriously contemplating getting rid of completely, like my hardly geranium.  The main plant has been cut back many times and is still always too big and smothering things out.  And now there are little ones coming up every where I look.  It might just be time for it to go away . . . however, I do have a spot along my patio where I can plant it that it can get big and be happy!  That's on my list of things to do this week, however with humidex temperatures above 40 celsius predicted for the whole week, I don't expect to get much gardening done!

Back Garden . . .  April 2010 . . . snow is gone, but I hadn't touched it yet.


 Back Garden . . . yesterday

 Back Garden . . . yesterday


Side Garden . . .  April 2010 . . . snow is gone, but I hadn't touched it yet.


Side Garden . . . yesterday

Side Garden . . .  April 2010 . . . snow is gone, but I hadn't touched it yet.

Side Garden . . . yesterday
\
Side Garden . . . yesterday




No comments:

Post a Comment