Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 21 - August 21/22

I really don't have much to report this week, nor do I really have any photos.  I didn't get to do anything in the flower beds or gardens this weekend because it was rainy and miserable.  

I did use some fresh basil in spaghetti sauce this week and it was super yummy!  Amazing the difference it makes when it is fresh!

Of course, today, I did pickled beets.  There are lots more cucumbers almost ready to be used.  Not sure what I am going to do with them, I was thinking about Icicle Pickles, but they take two weeks and if I start them now, they won't be finished by the time we leave for a little holiday.  So, maybe when we come back, if there are still cucumbers.  I will probably have to do something with some of them in the meantime.  Maybe some relish.

Flower beds are pretty much in fall mode.  I really need to do some dead heading and I need to find some fall flowers to plant because the gardens are looking kind of blah.

Five pound zucchini!  I will be grating this one up and freezing it for zucchini bread!



No comments:

Post a Comment