Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 18 - July 31/August 1 - Vegetable Garden

Not much to say this week.  The weeds are still pretty much staying away. And things are slowly coming along.  Things are looking a little droopy today, we have had gorgeous weather this week, but are really in need of a bit of rain.  The cucumbers are starting to be ready, I picked four today!  The zucchini are still doing well, we had one for dinner again tonight.  Lettuce is continuing to thrive.  Still waiting on the tomatoes and peppers.  They are coming slowly.  I am a little jealous of my mom's garden thought, she has lots of ripe tomatoes and peppers that are ready.  Mine will be ready eventually though!

Here are some photos taken today.




I still think this basil is cool looking!  It is supposed to be one of the purple ruffles, but apparently it is having some kind of identity crisis!
I love the way the lettuce looks with the contrast between the green and red.
Two of the cucumbers I picked today!  I shared the other two with my sister in law!
My garden from across the yard.







No comments:

Post a Comment