Saturday, August 14, 2010

Week 19 - August 7/8 & Week 20 - August 14/15 - Vegetable Garden

Not too much to say this week . . . we were camping last weekend, which is why there was no update . . . I need to into the garden with a hoe to rid of some weeds that are coming up.

Everything is doing well.  Cucumbers and zucchini are doing better than they have in years.  There are more beets ready to get eaten as soon as I take the notion!  Lettuce is awesome!  Parley and basil are ready to use.  Bunnies are eating lots of swiss chard and kale.  Tomatoes and peppers are slow this year, but the tomatoes and peppers that my sister in law started for me were pretty tiny when I planted them.  The tomatoes that I bought were bigger and most are a little more advanced.

Vegetable garden . . . 


Tomatoes . . . almost ready!

Dill

No comments:

Post a Comment