Monday, June 21, 2010

Week 12 - June 19/20 - Vegetable Garden

The vegetable garden needed LOTS of work this week.  The weeks were taking over!  I spent an hour in it Saturday morning, 2 hours Saturday afternoon and another hour on Sunday.  By the time all that was done, it was looking MUCH better, but there are still LOTS of little weeks and grass taking up residence amongst my veggies.  Unfortunately, a lot of the weeds are too little to pull properly and many of the plants are still too small to do much close weeding, so it will be a battle of wits for a while.  Only time will tell who will come out on top, me or the weeds!

This is what the garden looked like before I started on Saturday!

A close up of my lovely garden of weeds.  YIKES!

This is when I finished what I could do on Saturday . . . pulled the big ones and took the hoe to the small ones, hopefully that killed at least a few of them!


As if weeds weren't enough, I also have fungus . . . 


Oh the joys of using manure straight from the barnyard!  You never know what you might grow!


Sunday when I was all done . . . for now . . . I am sure that I will be back at it again soon!  But for now I will enjoy the lack of weeds!


Look, nice rows of veggies . . . the double row is dill and cilantro and the single part is cucumber and zucchini at the very far end.

Teeny tiny baby carrots!


Beets



Tomato and pepper plants . . . they are still pretty small and hard to see in the photo, but soon enough it will be a jungle in there! (I hope!)


Two rows of lettuce (on the left) and a row of swiss chard and kale (on the right).


Potatoes and onions.

I can't wait for all this yummy goodness to be ready to eat!!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment