Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 11 - June 12-13 - Vegetable garden

Aside from a million little weeds, the garden is doing quite well.  Everything except the basil and parsley are up and seem to be thriving.  

The tomato and pepper plants that Margaret started for me were planted mid week.  The peppers are small but seem to be doing well.  The tomatoes, not so much.  So far, I have only officially lost one, but there are a couple that are looking pretty feeble.  I have my fingers crossed that they spring back.  I did plant (and have a few more to plant) some store bought tomato plants just incase the others don't make it.




It doesn't really look like much from the picture, but in real life there are lots of rows of teeny tiny veggies plants!  Just like this:

Lots of little cucumbers!

The herb garden is doing really well!  Although I still have a huge amount of oregano and try desperately to give a plant to anyone I know who has somewhere that they could plant it!  The scarlet runner beans across the back are just starting to come up.  Putting up the netting for them to climb is on my list of things to do this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment