Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 2 - April 10-11, 2010

Here are pics of this the flower gardens this weekend . . . not much work was required, just a bit of grass to pull . . . there are a few mysterious green things that could be plants or could be weeds . . . I decided to just leave them for a little while, until they get bigger . . . this happens to me every spring!  There are so many things that I can't remember what they all look like when they first come up!  Despite the fact that I had really good intentions to label things last year AND I actually followed through and put in many labels, it didn't help much.  I used a Sharpie on plastic garden tags and they all faded away to nothing, so I have all these nice little tags sticking out of the ground with nothing written on them.  So annoying!!  I'll have to find something better to use this year!

Back Garden

Side Gardens


And although it is still early, there were a few things worth taking some nice close up pics of . . . 

Violas
Delta Red Hen and Chicken
Pink Bleeding Heart, just about ready to bloom.
Vinca
Tulip bud . . . this is one of my new purple tulips, looking forward to these!

Rhubarb . . . getting bid . . . waiting anxiously for fresh rhubarb.


Here are some close up shots of the buds on my lilac bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment