Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rain . . .

Rain, rain, go away,
Come again on a weekday,
Weekends are my time,
To get in the dirt and play.

Rain, rain my flowers need you,
So that they can grow,
But why can't you come
At night, when I slumber?


OK, so I am not a poet, but seriously, why? why? why? can the weather be GORGEOUS all week when I don't have the time or energy to be in my gardens or yard and then when the weekend comes it RAINS??? I hope that tomorrow is nice so that I can get some pics for my weekly update and have some time to play in the dirt!  Yeah, I totally sound like a little kid!

This week, I am hoping to get some edging done on the one section of the side flower garden that doesn't have wood around it to keep the grass from invading.  Every year, I edge it, but without a barrier, the grass just works it's way in.  I am going to widen it and then just put in some plastic edging, hopefully that will help!  And it will give me a bit more space to fill with new plants!!  I wonder what mom has that I don't have yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment