Friday, June 3, 2011

May 28/29 - Vegetable Garden

I am happy and excited that most of my seeds were at least starting to come up when I arrived home from Brownie camp on Sunday!

Zucchini and a few cucumbers are starting to pop their little leaves through the soil.
Zucchini

Potatoes are doing much better than last year, all but two or three hills are up and looking great!

Baby potato! 

Lettuce, kale and swiss chard are all growing quickly, but not quickly enough for my bunnies!

The babiest of all baby lettuces!

And soon, we will have green onions . . . well, maybe not soon, but they are growing!

Onions

The carrots, beets and parsley are all being a little on the shy side, but I'm not at all concerned, they are always a little slower to make their first appearance!

Over in the herb garden, aside from the grass and weeds, the only thing thriving is the chives.  Getting it emptied out and fixed up is a priority after our vacation.  I really want to get the herbs that I actually growing again seeing as the only one that seems to have survived the winter and grass roots is the one I never use.  Not even sure why I planted chives!

Chives

Chive flower








No comments:

Post a Comment