Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 18/19 - Vegetable Garden

Another late post, but better late than never, right?

We arrived home from vacation on June 14th and it was immediately obvious that my garden had been neglected!  The weeds were taking over!  I wasn't really surprised, but it needed my immediate attention!

This is what my garden looked like when I got home from vacation.

Doesn't Mother Nature have enough places to grow wild stuff?  Why does she have to fill my garden too?

After a couple of hours, I was making some progress, but not as quickly as I would have liked.

When Henry saw how long it was taking me to get through the weeds, he suggested using the garden tiller between the rows, so that I could just concentrate on right close to the plants and hopefully, get done more quickly!  I was thrilled with the idea and it worked wonders!!

A row before Henry tilled it.

The same row, after tilling . . . so much better!

Finished!  Henry tilling between the row allowed me to finish the garden in one afternoon!


Despite being overrun with weeds, I was very pleasantly surprised with how well everything was growing.

Lettuce

Tomato plant . . . with a little tomato!

Pepper.

Broccoli.

Carrots.

Potatoes.

Cucumber.

Zucchini.



No comments:

Post a Comment