Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 7 - May 15-16

It was a busy day in the gardens for me!  Today was my birthday, so Liam went to Grandma's for the afternoon so that I could have some mommy time!  It was a beautiful day and I had a bunch of new perennials that I got from my mom yesterday that needed to be planted so I spent the afternoon in the gardens!


All my new plants from my mom . . . 2 day lilies, 2 columbine, a lupin, a shasta daisy, and a few other things that I can't remember at this moment!

There was lots of of weeding to do in the gardens and I finally got finished edging the last section of the side garden.

The corner of the side garden, before I finished it today.

The corner of the side garden with the edging finished!  And look how big that rhubarb has gotten!

Once that was finished, I set to work on the mess of a herb garden!  It's still a bit of a mess, the mosquitos were feasting on me!  And it was time to start dinner!  But it is much better than it was!

Herb garden . . . there is still ALOT of oregano that needs to go away, but I am hoping to find more people to give it to, it seems like such a waste to just pull it out!  But it has gone crazy!


And finally, here are my weekly photos . . . enjoy!

Back Garden

Side Garden

Side Garden


Tulip - from Vesey's Purple Passion collection

Tulip - from Vesey's Purple Passion collection

Purple Lilac

White Lilac

Red Maple

Delta Red Hen & Chicken


New growth on my little spruce tree


New Solar lights . . . it is a set of 4 butterflies.

New Solar Lantern

1 comment: