Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 6 - May 8-9

I didn't get to spend any time in the gardens this past weekend.  Saturday it rained all day and Sunday was miserably cold.  But I really shouldn't complain because they were calling for snow and we didn't get any of the nasty white stuff!
But here are some photos from earlier this week!

Back Garden

Side Garden

Side Garden

Lily Of The Valley

Tulip (from Vesey's Purple Passion mix)

Tulip (from Vesey's Purple Passion mix)

Ground cover Lily (Vesey's)

Silver Mound

Fern


These are my new bulbs that just arrived from Vesey's.  I can't wait to get them planted.  There is a mixed package of 8 Asiatic Lilies, a mixed package of 4 Day Lilies, a package of Fairy Lilies and a package of Freesias.  I'm not sure what I am going to do with the Freesias and Fairy Lilies as they both have to be dug up each fall and replanted in the spring.  I didn't know this when I ordered them and I am not a big fan of things that I have to remember to dig up and replant!  I always forget about them or I can't find the bulbs when it is time to dig them!  I am thinking about planting them in little flower pots and just setting the pots around in the the flower beds, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment