Sunday, July 22, 2012

Flower Gardens - July 21, 2012

Everything is so very dry.  We haven't had any significant rain fall in over a month.  The Rideau Valley Conservation Authority has declared a level 2 drought, which means water restrictions of 20%.  For me, that means that I can't water my flowers and gardens and it is really starting to take it's toll on my flower gardens.
 
Glardia is starting to die, so far, just this one piece, hopefully the rest will survive.
Lamb's Ears are turning brown and drying out.
Echinachea is looking very wilted, although it is still trying to bloom.
Although most things could still be saved if we were to get some rain, I think this astilbe is done.

Liatris is doing well.

Glardia always does well and brightens up the garden!

Daylilies are doing great, expect for the mauve one that hasn't had any blossoms or even buds.  I moved it last fall and I don't think it gets enough sunlight in it's current home.

Hostas are flowering like crazy!

Not sure if it is the heat and lack of moisture, but this is what my beebalm blossoms look like this year.  

Red and purple phlox are blooming, white isn't open yet.  I can only assume that the faded colour of the red one is due to lack of moisture.

Echinacea flowers.

Pink Tango lilies.

And the bright spot of this week in the flower garden was my star gazer lily.  They are my favorite lily and my favorite flower.  And they are close to the back door, so I can see them and smell them every time I go outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment