Monday, April 23, 2012

Today In the Flower Beds - April 23, 2012

SNOW!  Yup, I said snow, in April!  After all the warmer than usual weather we've been having!

I'm not overly surprised that we would get snow this late in April, it does happen fairly often, I remember one April, while working as a nanny, we got many snowfalls in April, none of them amounted to much and none of it lasted for very long, but it happened.  Just like today!  But I think some of my plants might be a little surprised by the weather!  They have been growing like it's the middle of summer and are now hiding in the snow!


Bachelor Buttons

Dwarf Purple Irises

"Hello, look at me, I am still here!"  Grape Hyacinth

Alliums

Rhubarb.

Hyacinth.

Snowy Tulips

Daylilies.

Despite the snow and cold, there is finally some growth on my favorite clematis!

 Giant Alliums.


"Don't mind us, we'll just stay  under here until the snow melts!" Sedum 

"I don't think today is a good day to open!" Daffodil

I don't think I have ever seen Asiatic Lilies and snow at the same time!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment