Sunday, May 1, 2011

April 23/24

Still not a whole lot to do but look at my flower beds slowly springing back to life.  I did end up with more crocuses than I thought I would have given how slow they were to come up, but I didn't have as many as I planted, so I will have to add some more in the fall.  Daffodils and tulips aren't blooming yet, but they are up and starting to bud.  Spring is an exciting time in a flower garden.

Back Flower Bed

Side Flower Bed

Side Flower Bed

Crocuses

I have lots of baby clematis, many of which will be dug for a charity plant sale.

A ground cover sedum, I love the pink against the still brown growth from last year.

Hen and Chicken with many chicks!

A very early appearance of an asiatic lily!

Five of the six hyacinths that I planed in the fall have made an appearance.

Soon I will have tulips!

And daffodils too!

Clematis that always grows in the wooden rails around the flower bed.

Another one that always grows between the wooden rails.  I love the look of these!

1 comment:

  1. how do you make them live? no seriously, I seem to kill any plant. it's sad.

    ReplyDelete