Monday, May 23, 2011

May 21/22 - Flower Beds

On Sunday, I finally had time to do some much needed weeding in the flower gardens.  They were a mess from two or three weeks on neglect.  There was lots of weeding to be done, but it looks so much better now.  I am so happy with how everything is doing.  

There are a couple of empty spaces, one used to be a daylily that didn't come back this year and I'm not sure what used to be in the other spot.  But it means I have space for some new additions!  I planted a few new liattrice bulbs that I got from Vesey's in hopes of getting some new colours.

 Back Garden, before weeding!
  Back Garden, before weeding!
 Side Garden

 Side Garden

  Back Garden, after weeding!
 Back Garden, after weeding!

 Side Garden, after weeding!

Henry surprised me by telling me that he wants me to extend this part of the side garden to include the area where the grass is longer!  Yeah, more flowers!  And another project!

No comments:

Post a Comment