Friday, April 15, 2011

April 9/10, 2011

There isn't much work to do this time of year, now that the spring clean up of the flower beds is done.  The vegetable garden is too wet to do anything with.  

But I am enjoying watching my flower beds start coming to life.  I haven't taken too many photos yet, but here are a few of the things starting to spring to life in my gardens.

Rhubarb popping out of the ground.

Columbine, starting show it's leaves.

Tulips, what colour will they be?

More tulips.

I thought that the moles may have eaten all of my crocus bulbs, but they were just a little slower to make an appearance than I expected!
Phlox
Waiting for the leaves to open up a little more to identify this one!

Crocuses, the first flower of the spring.

Dainty little yellow crocuses.

It will be a long time before there are flowers on my daylilies, but at least they are starting to show some growth!


No comments:

Post a Comment