Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And it begins again . . . March 2011

As usual, I started stalking my gardens before the snow was even gone.  Really, there was nothing to see other than the mess left behind from fall, but just the fact that I could see the dirt was exciting for me!

Back Flower Bed

Side Flower Bed

Side Flower Bed

Slowly as the days passed, I started to see less snow and the sure signs that spring was upon us!  Little shoots were starting to pop out of the ground.

Evening Primrose, starts out with purple leaves which turn green as it grows.

Violas (aka Johnny Jump Ups)

Tulips

Daffodils


More little tulips


New shoots wasn't the only thing popping out of the ground . . . these little bulbs, alliums, I think, were escaping too!  They have been returned to their place under the soil!

Hen and Chicken waking up from winter.


Stay tuned for weekly updates on my flower beds, vegetable and herb garden and the creation of my shade garden as the spring and summer progress.





No comments:

Post a Comment