Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 23 - Sept 4/5 & Week 24 - Sept 10/11 - Flower Gardens

The flower beds haven't changed since my last post.  With being on holidays at the beginning of September and going to my brother's wedding this past weekend, they have been pretty well neglected!  I really need to start to get some fall cleaning done in them soon.  And I am hoping to get some more fall bulbs planted this year.  One can never have enough tulips, daffodils and crocuses first thing in the spring!

There are a few things still giving me a little bit of colour, but I really don't have much this time of year.  I would love to have some fall mums, but I have never had any luck with them surviving winter.  Maybe I'll get one and try again!

Back Garden . . .

Side Garden . . . 

Side Garden . . .

Malva Zebrina is still going, which is really strange because it was much earlier than this last year!

Purple Leafed Sedum

Bumble bee having a Sedum snack.

Green Leafed Sedum

Burgundy Galardia . . . I can't believe how well this is doing and how long it has been blooming for a newly planted perennial!  Although it still needs to be moved because it is too tall for the spot it's in!


No comments:

Post a Comment