Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 24 - Vegetable Garden

Wow, I have been horrible with the updates lately, haven't I?  Life is busy and sometimes things like this get over looked more than I realize!  

The vegetable garden is doing quite well despite the lack of rain and intense heat we've had lately.  There are a couple zucchini that are ready to be used, one of which will be grilled as part of tonight's dinner.  We have been enjoying salads made with fresh lettuce for a couple of weeks. And today, I see that there are some beets that are big enough to be used.

Unfortunately, the broccoli has had a run in with cabbage worms.  I have been working hard to pick and squish as many of the worms that I can and have been spraying the plants with soapy water to deter the rest. I have my fingers crossed that I will still have broccoli, but we will have to wait and see.

And of course, as always, the weeds are thriving!  But I have been doing a pretty good job of keeping ahead of them.

Here are some photos I took today.

Zucchini that will be grilled for dinner! :)

Cucumbers!

Tomato, slowly starting to ripen!

Lots and lots of little romas!

Broccoli has seen better days.

Red potatoes aren't liking this heat very much.

But the white ones are doing fine!

The Vegetable Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment